ldc and gdc

Christian Kamm kamm-incasoftware at removethis.de
Thu Aug 4 11:18:13 PDT 2011

Kagamin wrote:
> Last I checked LDC stood for "Linux D compiler". It was due to some
> complications with exceptions in llvm on windows, but I'm almost sure
> clang does it.

I've wondered about that for a while and just checked it:
Running the clang 2.9 Mingw32 binaries through wine on a simple exception
handling test leads to assembly that misses code for the catch clause as
well as eh tables (I assume Mingw should use dwarf/unwind based eh).

Compiling with -triple i686-pc-win32 leads to an error
eh.cc:3:14: error: cannot use 'throw' with exceptions disabled.

So I don't think clang can do exceptions on Windows.