Run Microsoft Analyzer over dmd source code

Vladimir Panteleev vladimir at thecybershadow.net
Sun Aug 7 03:24:22 PDT 2011

On Sat, 06 Aug 2011 22:38:15 +0300, Walter Bright
<newshound2 at digitalmars.com> wrote:

> http://www.reddit.com/r/programming/comments/jar93/john_carmack_gives_his_thoughts_on_static/c2akmf8
>
> If someone has this on their system, I think it'd be great if you could
> run the dmd source code through it and see if it finds any bugs.

Before that, someone first needs to get dmd to even compile with Visual
C++. It's not a trivial task - there is no complex number support, lots of
compiler-dependent defines are outdated, and there seem to be tons of
regular compiler warnings (mostly signed/unsigned comparisons and long to
int/etc. assignments).

--
Best regards,
  Vladimir                            mailto:vladimir at thecybershadow.net