Run Microsoft Analyzer over dmd source code

Robert Clipsham robert at octarineparrot.com
Sun Aug 7 10:41:08 PDT 2011

On 07/08/2011 18:34, Walter Bright wrote:
> On 8/7/2011 7:23 AM, Vladimir Panteleev wrote:
>> 2979 warnings with code analysis with the "Microsoft Minimum
>> Recommended Rules"
>> ruleset.
>> http://dump.thecybershadow.net/2e0571641194d945869a1b12b29aacdc/DMD.log
>
> Thanks, this is what I was looking for!
>

>> I'll see if I can get it in a more readable format (something like the
>> HTML
>> files clang's scan-build outputs).
>
> clang's format is more readable, but it's actually rather agonizing to
> go through because it takes upwards of a minute for each report to load.
> When there are hundreds to look at, you're looking at hours of waiting.

It's actually instant[1], the only reason it seemed so slow for you is
because the html is on my (wireless) home server, and you were
connecting to my web server which was proxying all the content with no
caching (yay quick hacks) - so you had to put up with my slow upload
speeds and slow wireless as well as the proxying.

[1] This is based on me accessing it locally or across my home network.

--
Robert
http://octarineparrot.com/