std.concurrency wrapper over MPI?

Jacob Carlborg doob at me.com
Sun Aug 7 11:27:24 PDT 2011

On 2011-08-07 17:45, dsimcha wrote:
> On 8/7/2011 11:36 AM, Jacob Carlborg wrote:
>> Currently, the only available format is XML.
>
> Ok, I'll look into writing a binary archiver that assumes that the CPU
> architecture on the deserializing end is the same as that on the
> serializing end. If it works, maybe Orange is a good choice.

Sounds good. I just hope that the current design allows for a binary
archive. Currently the serializer in Orange assumes that an archive can
deserialize a value based on a key which could be basically anywhere in
the serialized data. This allows at least to implement archives which
store the serialized data in a structured format, e.g. XML, JSON, YAML.
I don't know if that's possible with a binary format, I'm not familiar
with how to implement a binary format.

--
/Jacob Carlborg