std.concurrency wrapper over MPI?

Jacob Carlborg doob at me.com
Sun Aug 7 11:35:05 PDT 2011

On 2011-08-07 17:58, dsimcha wrote:
> On 8/7/2011 11:36 AM, Jacob Carlborg wrote:
>>> Good to know, but what flavor? As I see it there is a three-way tradeoff
>>> in serialization. In order of importance for distributed parallelism,
>>> the qualities are:
>>
>> I can answer these tradeoff for the Orange serialization library,
>> http://dsource.org/projects/orange/.
>

> BTW, I know this has been discussed in the past, but I'll bring it up
> again. Since serialization is pretty fundamental to a lot of things and
> I want to avoid dependency hell, what are the prospects for getting
> Orange into Phobos?

To get Orange into Phobos, at least this most be done:

* Actually finishing the rewrite (I'm almost done, the basic stuff works)
* Add more unit tests
* Add documentation
* Rip out all D1 and Tango related code
* Some minor changes to follow the Phobos style guide, I have not
followed the 80-120 column limit
* The XML module in Phobos needs some minor updates
* I've used my own kind of mini unit test framework, don't know if
people like that, should be easy to remove

I think that's all.

--
/Jacob Carlborg