CTFE writeln again (__ctfeWriteln)

Jonathan M Davis jmdavisProg at gmx.com
Mon Aug 8 15:50:20 PDT 2011

> Double leading underscores are for temporary things, that will change and
> improve, like __traits. But this ctWriteln is meant to stay. And the
> leading "ctfe" is redundant, so I suggest to call it ctWriteln, there is
> no need to give it an ugly name. It means "compile time write with
> newline" instead of a "ugly temporary compile time function evaluation
> write with newline".

I don't know where you got that idea. Starting symbol names with __ is
reserved for the compiler (and maybe the runtime). There's nothing about it
which says anything about it being temporary or that it will ever change. It
doesn't mean that it isn't temporary or that it isn't going to change either.
It's just a naming scheme which is reserved by the compiler to do with as the
compiler developers see fit.

- Jonathan M Davis