Run Microsoft Analyzer over dmd source code

ponce ponce at nospam.net
Mon Aug 8 15:51:06 PDT 2011

Le 06/08/2011 21:38, Walter Bright a écrit :
> http://www.reddit.com/r/programming/comments/jar93/john_carmack_gives_his_thoughts_on_static/c2akmf8
>

> If someone has this on their system, I think it'd be great if you could
> run the dmd source code through it and see if it finds any bugs.

Other static analysis tools are great too.
- cppcheck is very easy to integrate, not that much false positives and
probably extensible with custom rules.
- PVS studio integrates with Visual Studio, has a free demo with a handy
ignoring mechanism.

AFAIK the Microsoft Analyzer has become less available and you can't
have it unless owning VS2005, being a console developer or messing with
the Windows DDK. I couldn't use it.