DB ORM

Kagamin spam at here.lot
Tue Aug 9 21:47:15 PDT 2011

Jonas Drewsen Wrote:

> Just stumbled upon this db orm for c++ that uses the gcc frontend to
> rewrite c++ code to make classes suitable for database access.
>
> http://www.codesynthesis.com/products/odb/
>
> They are using pragmas to accomplish this. I guess an equally good
> implementation in D would use custom attributes for this once (if) they
> are supported.
>
> /Jonas

If there's no mapping, that's bad. A database is a product on its own. It doesn't have to be what you'd like it to be. Objects can correspond to tables quite vaguely. The database may have tricky legacy conventions you don't want to have in your code directly. What about deletion and creation if you have hierarchy of types and objects? What if and object is split between joined tables? Inner joined or left joined.