DB ORM

bearophile bearophileHUGS at lycos.com
Wed Aug 10 09:07:59 PDT 2011

Piotr Szturmaj:

> I think D needs user defined attributes first.

In past discussions I have seen three or more different ideas of what 'user defined attributes' need to be in D:
- A person has suggested for them to be like Python decorators, this means function templates that take a function and wrap it in some way;
- For me they are better thought as small extensions to the type system, to implement new simple things, mostly using static introspection.
- You are probably thinking more about Java or C# style attributes.

So I suggest you to write down what kind of user defined attributes you want in D, their semantics, usage and syntax.

Bye,
bearophile