[GSOC] regular expressions beta is here

Vladimir Panteleev vladimir at thecybershadow.net
Wed Aug 10 11:11:55 PDT 2011

On Wed, 10 Aug 2011 20:59:27 +0300, Dmitry Olshansky
<dmitry.olsh at gmail.com> wrote:

>>> About spaces personally I dislike eating extra vertical space for
>>> "clarity", curly braces on it's own line is already way too much.
>> Think about reading a book without the half lines between paragraphs.
>> In code it's the same. Some empty lines are good to improve readability
>> of the code. Curly braces are not always present, sometimes a
>> paragraphs ends before or after or right on a curly brace.
>
> Braces *are* paragraphs of code, with proper indention it's more then
> enough to fell the structure. If I really need to stop in the middle
> function, it's to explain something, then a single line of comment
> instead of meaningless empty line (which leaves reader clueless as to
> why) is good enough. Except that I'm not opposed to spaces at global
> scope.

I agree with bearophile; I find code that leaves a blank line between
closely-related lines make the code much more readable. I don't understand
what's with the craving for maximum vertical terseness either, but that
may be because the resolution of my primary monitor is currently 1200x1920
:)

--
Best regards,
  Vladimir                            mailto:vladimir at thecybershadow.net