CSV Documentation

Jonas Drewsen jdrewsen at nospam.com
Thu Aug 11 01:07:05 PDT 2011

On 11/08/11 04.36, Jesse Phillips wrote:
> I'm hoping to be able to get a review of the documentation in terms of
> content. The things I'm interested in.
>
> Can you easily identify it's capabilities? Does it answer questions if you
> are interested in how do do something? Opinions on the TODO items?
> Do I need more examples, fewer?
> Is the documentation too long?
>
> I'm not looking to add functionality, I'm interested in opinions of the
> interface/naming for what it is capable of. I think other functionality
> can be added onto the interface.
>
> I'll be working on a Phobos branch so that it is ready for a true review,
> vote, and being pulled in.
>
> The URL for documentation is:
> http://nascent.freeshell.org/programming/D/csv.html

I know you didn't ask for added functionality requests but cannot resist
this suggestion for a future improvement. Add the possibility to accept
LineRanges as input. Then you can do the following:

auto recs = csvText!MyRecord( curl.getAsync("http://...").ByLine() );

This way you could handle large csv files because the entire file does
not have to be loaded to memory but just a line at a time.

/Jonas