Native Client in Chrome Beta

Nick Sabalausky a at a.a
Sat Aug 13 11:51:56 PDT 2011

"Peter Alexander" <peter.alexander.au at gmail.com> wrote in message
news:j26bai$2uot$1 at digitalmars.com...
> On 13/08/11 4:04 PM, Vladimir Panteleev wrote:
>> On Sat, 13 Aug 2011 15:10:07 +0300, bearophile
>> <bearophileHUGS at lycos.com> wrote:
>>
>>> It's one (the only?) chance to use D in the browser.
>>
>> * An LLVM back-end exists which emits JavaScript. I believe I've seen
>> Doom on HTML5.
>> * D.NET may be dead, but it would allow running D on Silverlight.
>> * Lastly, Adobe has an LLVM backend for generating ActionScript 3
>> bytecode (Adobe Alchemy).
>>

> None of those are actually D code running natively though.

Yea. But it's all better than nothing, though. I mean, if you have to run
something on JS/AS3/Silverlight, it's better than not being able to use D at
all.

Speaking of, anyone know of any good tutorials for making an LLVM backend?
Preferably geared at someone with no compiler-backend experience? I've
looked at LLVM's docs, but I couldn't make heads or tails of a single word
of it.