Native Client in Chrome Beta

David Nadlinger see at klickverbot.at
Sat Aug 13 15:14:07 PDT 2011

On 8/13/11 8:51 PM, Nick Sabalausky wrote:
> Speaking of, anyone know of any good tutorials for making an LLVM backend?
> Preferably geared at someone with no compiler-backend experience? I've
> looked at LLVM's docs, but I couldn't make heads or tails of a single word
> of it.

Do you mean writing a compiler backend using LLVM, or writing a new code
generator backend for LLVM? For the latter, I have found
http://llvm.org/docs/WritingAnLLVMBackend.html to be quite helpful, but
you will probably have an easier time if you first get acquainted with
the other parts of LLVM.

David