Thoughts on std.system.OS

Michel Fortin michel.fortin at michelf.com
Sat Aug 13 17:00:13 PDT 2011

On 2011-08-13 16:58:41 +0000, Jonathan M Davis <jmdavisProg at gmx.com> said:

> Well, since the OS is Mac OS X, not Mac OS (at least so far as versioning in D
> goes), then presumably 10.6.8 would have the major number 6 and the minor
> number 8.

But that won't follow Apple nomenclature. The gestalt constants for
getting those three numbers are: gestaltSystemVersionMajor,
gestaltSystemVersionMinor, and gestaltSystemVersionBugFix. I don't
think it'd be wise to shift the names just because Apple marketing has
decided to stall the major number for a decade or more.

--
Michel Fortin
michel.fortin at michelf.com
http://michelf.com/