Do multilanguage application

Jacob Carlborg doob at me.com
Sun Aug 14 08:41:40 PDT 2011

On 2011-08-12 23:02, bioinfornatics wrote:
> Dear,
> I would like to know how do a multilanguage application. It seem it is possible by using flag -J but they are no document for this feature.
> link givent in this page http://www.digitalmars.com/d/2.0/dmd-linux.html seem to be wrong
>
> if you can do a little example, will be nice
>
> thanks
>
> kind regards

It's fairly simple. You just need a file containing keys and values.
This file can be read either at compile time or runtime. Read the file
into an associative array and when you need a piece of text translated
just pass the key to a function which retries the corresponding value
from the associative array.

You could take a look at how internalization is don in Ruby on Rails,
this can be applied to D as well: http://guides.rubyonrails.org/i18n.html

--
/Jacob Carlborg