git gurus: Any way to set it up to auto-warn contributors abouttab indents?

Nick Sabalausky a at a.a
Sun Aug 14 13:05:03 PDT 2011

"Brad Roberts" <braddr at puremagic.com> wrote in message
news:mailman.2309.1313347727.14074.digitalmars-d at puremagic.com...

> google --> git pre-commit hook
>
> Setup whatever sort of checks you want on your local repository and
> it'll be correct before pushing to github to even get into a pull
> request.

That's not really what I was hoping for.

Here's the problem with that: It's a per-user solution. We can crusade all
we want with "SET UP A PRE-COMMIT HOOK IN YOUR REPO TO CHECK FOR TABS!!" but
it'll *never* solve the problem because there will always be people who, for
whatever reason, don't do that.

Maybe I didn't word it clearly in the OP, but what I'm suggesting is needed
is something that *automatically propagates* from the official
"D-Programming-Language" repos to the local cloned repos. That's the only
way that the issue is *really* going to be taken care of.