Native Client in Chrome Beta

Nick Sabalausky a at a.a
Sun Aug 14 22:46:43 PDT 2011

"Brad Roberts" <braddr at puremagic.com> wrote in message
news:mailman.2324.1313368907.14074.digitalmars-d at puremagic.com...

> Quite frankly, it's too late to pretend that the web and the browser is

Judging by the rest of your post I assume you meant "isn't" not "is"...

> all there is for a large segment of the computer and 'net using
> population.  They never leave the browser.  That's only going to grow.
> Pretending otherwise, is, well, fairly pointless.  The people on this
> are in a very small minority and do NOT represent the typical user.
> Haven't for a long time.

That's a completely absurd cart-before-the-horse question-begging argument.
The *reason* a growing number of people never leave the browser is obviously
*because* so many idiot trend-whore developers and managers keep pretending
the web is all there is.

Users are morons (almost by definition), and that means they defer judgement
to others and thus follow the *trends*. On the desktop, web is the trend,
therefore 1. Moron users assume that means it's better, and 2. That's where
all the functionality gets put, and thus, where the users go. Start making
*real* applications again and the sheeple will follow. Need evidence of
that? iOS and Android. Are shitphone users flocking to webapps or to the
app-store apps? The latter, obviously. (At least that's *one* thing they've
managed to get sort-of right...)

And you can't argue it's a usability matter, because the web sure as shit
doesn't win on that: Web app usability is crap, and Average Retard Joe is no
worse at real apps than with the web. My mom's one of the dumbest
completer-illiterate fucks I've ever met (no exaggeration) and yet even her
ability with Word - a *REAL* application - is absolutely *NO* worse than her
ability with a web browser. In fact, she's even a little *better* with the
real apps like Word: You should see the crap I have to put up with when she
*attempts* to use any of those god-awful webmail servces. Same goes for my
dad.

Your argument here is completely rediculous.