CURL review request

Nick Sabalausky a at a.a
Tue Aug 16 09:38:26 PDT 2011

"Alix Pexton" <alix.DOT.pexton at gmail.DOT.com> wrote in message
news:j2dsq0$2aht$1 at digitalmars.com...

> "...returns the number of elements in the buffer that has been filled and
> is ready to send." -> "...returns the number of elements in the buffer
> that have been filled and are ready to send."

"in the buffer that has been filled" is correct. The "has" refers to "the
buffer" not the elements that have been put into it. And there's only one
buffer in question, so "has".

But yea, "is ready to send" should be changed to "are ready to send".

> "Asynchronous HTTP _WHATEVER_ to the specified URL." -> "Performs a HTTP
> _WHATEVER_ on the specified URL, asynchronously."

"Performs a HTTP" -> "Performs an HTTP". The letter "H" may technically be a
consonant, but in this case it's read as the *name* of the letter, not the
letter's normal sound. And the name of H starts with a vowel sound (long A).
(Besides, "a HTTP" just sounds awkward.)

Also, little bikeshedding, but I think this would be better still:

"Performs an asynchronous HTTP _WHATEVER_ on the specified URL."