CURL review request

bearophile bearophileHUGS at lycos.com
Tue Aug 16 13:39:36 PDT 2011

jdrewsen:

> etc.c.curl is already in phobos and no binary library for curl is in.

I see. I didn't know this. Then it's the good moment to improve this situation.

> I disagree on this one though. But please see my reply to jonathan as to
> how I see final solution.

Most times I'll not use a Phobos module that to be used requires the compilation of a multi-file C library. I use another language where this functionality is already present, like this one:
http://docs.python.org/library/httplib.html

Accessing the web from the language today is a basic feature, and quite more commonly needed than as example complex numbers.

In Clojure even the Phobos equivalent of the File function loads from the web if you give it an URL instead  of a file path :-) Please help pushing D into this decade.

Bye,
bearophile