Clang with SAFECode

bearophile bearophileHUGS at lycos.com
Thu Aug 18 15:45:54 PDT 2011

Andrei Alexandrescu:

> http://clang-developers.42468.n3.nabble.com/Clang-SAFECode-Release-Announcement-td3265143.html

>Thanks for the info. Walter and my perception is that safety is big and
becoming huge, so SafeD was a good bet (props to Bartosz Milewski for
first proposing it).<

The purpose of that SAFECode is very different from the purpose of D @safe: it's a tool to help find bugs in unsafe code, while @safe merely disallows some memory-unsafe operations. I presume both things are needed, because sometimes you need to write unsafe code too. I'd like some optional functionality like SAFECode in the D compiler too.

Bye,
bearophile