newsgroup availability

Steven Schveighoffer schveiguy at yahoo.com
Fri Aug 19 12:40:18 PDT 2011

On Fri, 19 Aug 2011 15:18:34 -0400, Marco Leise <Marco.Leise at gmx.de> wrote:

> Am 19.08.2011, 17:15 Uhr, schrieb Stijn Herreman
> <stijn.herreman at telenet.be>:

>>> It's the same for everyone because it's a problem of the newsgroup
>>> server,
>>> not the client. I guess the server(s) needs more CPU running in
>>> parallel to
>>> reduce load.
>>
>> Could it be the cause of frequent Thunderbird freezes? I can't tell
>> because I only started using it for the newsgroup a few weeks ago.
>
> You could use the web interface to the newsgroup when you see the lockup
> and check if that loads or displays an error message about some load
> factor

It does.

BTW, this problem really makes me want to avoid the newsgroup...  I get no
indication from my newsreader when it's "working", only when it's broken.
So as a consequence, if I want to send a message or read messages, I have
to keep polling to see if it works.

This seems like an artificial problem, does anyone know what the cause is?

-Steve