etc.curl: Formal review begin

Jonathan M Davis jmdavisProg at gmx.com
Tue Aug 23 15:09:07 PDT 2011

On Tuesday, August 23, 2011 14:35 Walter Bright wrote:
> > 80 characters should be enough. Most of the documentation in Phobos
> > restricts itself to 80 characters, including the examples.
>
> 80 characters is way too long for magazine/book examples, and will cause
> problems when converting the Phobos docs to an ebook format. I recommend
> examples should be ruthlessly narrowed. At least less than 40.

40 characters is disgustingly narrow. We may need to cut examples to that sort
of length for the sake of e-books, but I'm willing to bet that something like
3/4 of the examples would have to be wrapped because of that. It's a serious
downgrade for anyone reading them on a computer.

- Jonathan M Davis