Web browser

Adam D. Ruppe destructionator at gmail.com
Fri Aug 26 13:04:56 PDT 2011

jdrewsen wrote:
> I seem to remember that someone not too long ago mentioned he was
> working on a web browser written in D as a pet project.

I started one, but haven't had a chance to come back to it since
that first weekend.

It does not currently compile since I've changed the libraries
without updating the main code (I'll come back to that once the
next dmd is out probably).

Nevertheless, it's in here:

http://arsdnet.net/dcode/

browser.d. Also requires simpledisplay.d, curl.d, dom.d,
imagedraft.d, and default.css.

I haven't spent a lot of time on it like I said, but it's
almost usable already:
http://arsdnet.net/crappybrowser5.png
http://arsdnet.net/crappybrowser6.png

(my posts discussing the process and other screenshots are on
a server which is currently down, so these two are the best
I have for now).

As you can see there, it's got some image support, almost reasonable
CSS support, and in the code, you'll see event handling and basic
form support.

But, you can also see - in the first screenshot especially - that
the table algorithm is a piece of garbage and there's some
bugs in handling css floats - they work, until you get a
clear: both; in a nested container. Then it just goes all to hell.