bug covering other bug

bearophile bearophileHUGS at lycos.com
Sat Aug 27 02:21:33 PDT 2011

Mariusz G.:

> float is C float and real is 80bit, so it shouldn't be a problem?

I think this is not a source of problems, but I suggest you to add asserts in the code to be sure the sizes of the types you are using are actually what you think they are :-)

> So, it's a next bug i should report, yes?

Of course, with a minimized test case :-) If you find bugs in DMD the best hope to not see them in future, and to not let other people see them, is to report them in Bugzilla :-)

> Now question, is it generally worth to refactor quite big amounts of code

This is a very underspecified question, so the only good answer is: sometimes it's worth it, sometimes it isn't.

Bye,
bearophile