phobos config issue

Radu Toev radutoev at gmail.com
Mon Aug 29 23:15:48 PDT 2011

Hi,

Thanks for the replies, I was away for a couple of days and I couldn't test
your proposals.
Sadly nothing seemed to work...I checked that the dmd.conf that I think it
was using was actually the one used and also that the DFLAG argument
-L-L/usr/local/lib/lib32 is present.
Running the nm command echos

nm: aio_read64.o: no symbols
nm: aio_write64.o: no symbols
nm: lio_listio64.o: no symbols
clock_gettime.o:
0000000000000000 T clock_gettime
nm: shm_unlink.o: no symbols

So I' currently stuck. :(

> On Sat, 27 Aug 2011 16:40:39 +0300, Radu Toev wrote:
>
> There are two possibilities I can imagine:
>  A.  The phobos2 library was somehow incomplete or not built correctly.
>  To check this possibility, use the 'nm' command and search for the
> missing symbol.  I used the Ubuntu standard dmd package, so my
> directories may by slightly different.
>
> # The 'T' symbol means 'text', and that the function definition exists.
> $ nm /usr/lib64/librt.a | grep clock_gettime
> clock_gettime.o:
> 0000000000000000 T clock_gettime
>
>  B.  Another possibility is that the search path is bad?
> Check your dmd.conf file and make sure that "-L-L/usr/local/lib/lib32" is
> part of the options under "DFLAGS".
>
> I would personally recommend going with the pre-compiled Ubuntu package
> though.

It's probably also worth checking whether it's actually using the dmd.conf
that you think it's using (strace should do the trick). I don't know the
search path list offhand, but it checks in quite a few places.