phobos config issue

Vijay Nayar madric at gmail.com
Tue Aug 30 10:59:04 PDT 2011

On Tue, 30 Aug 2011 09:15:48 +0300, Radu Toev wrote:

Ok, so far so good.  We know that you have the librt library, and that it
was compiled with the symbols that the compiler is complaining about.

Could you copy the contents of your 'dmd.conf' file?  If your setup is
pretty simple, there should only be one.  Run:
 $ sudo updatedb
 $ locate dmd.conf

I think the only remaining possibility is that the order of the 'phobos2'
and 'rt' libraries is off.  Normally when the linker is resolving
symbols, it goes left to right, putting all unknown symbols in a bucket,
and resolving them against subsequent objects to link.  Symbols that are
unused are not linked, and when the final object is linked, all symbols
must be resolved.

So in order to link together all these archives (.a as opposed to .so),
make sure that '-L-lphobos2' comes BEFORE '-L-lrt' in the DFLAGS setting.

 - Vijay