NotNull pointers

Eric Poggel (JoeCoder) dnewsgroup2 at yage3d.net
Tue Aug 30 20:41:48 PDT 2011

On 8/30/2011 7:19 PM, Walter Bright wrote:
> Why? I rely on that for debugging. I run it under the debugger, seg
> fault, bing the debugger shows where it faulted and a stack trace. It's
> about 98% of what a debugger is good for.

What debugger do you use?  It's been years, but the last time I
investigated debuggers on Windows was with dmd1.  The ones I tried (I
don't remember which) either added about 30 seconds to my startup time
(otherwise 1-2 seconds) or failed to run my program at all.

That was the main reason I switched to Tango, since it always prints a
stack trace on any error--greatly improved my productivity.  But D2 is
looking very sweet and I want to switch.