etc.curl: Formal review begin

David Nadlinger see at klickverbot.at
Wed Aug 31 16:14:48 PDT 2011

On 8/18/11 3:19 AM, Jesse Phillips wrote:
> My first thought here is that I don't like the idea of including
> something that is already being considered for deprecation. If it isn't
> good enough lets hold off putting it in.

As Johannes already mentioned, only removing the default progress
callback *implementation* is on the libcurl TODO list (the thing that
prints the progress information for the curl command line tool). The D
API would be completely unaffected by this, since it is all about
providing custom callback implementations.

The TODO list also mentions the possibility that libcurl will switch to
64 bit integer parameters instead of doubles (which was also suggested
somewhere else during the review of the D wrapper), but this seems to be
still a long way off.

David