Review Queue: std.log, std.regionallocator, or something else?

dsimcha dsimcha at yahoo.com
Wed Aug 31 20:56:04 PDT 2011

Unless something has changed, the review of std.curl (formerly etc.curl
but I think there's some agreement now that it should be in std) ends
today.  (David Naglinger is the review manager.  David, please make this
official.)

Since we have such an embarrassment of riches lately in terms of new
modules to be reviewed, we don't want bubbles in the review queue.  The
first thing we need to decide is whether a review is allowed to run
concurrently with a vote.  Andrei has suggested that reviews never run
concurrently with each other, and I agree.  However, since the vote
stage takes up much less of the community's time, I think it's ok to run
a review and a vote concurrently with each other.

Either way, here are the potential modules for next in the review queue.
  Which ones are the highest priority and whether I missed any.

std.log  (Logging module by Jose Armando Garcia.  High priority because
logging is a standard feature in modern languages.)

std.regionallocator (A segmented stack/region memory allocator, by me.
I'd like to fast-track this because it's used by two of the GSoC
projects that were done this summer so getting it into Phobos would
simplify things.)

CSV parser  (By Jesse Phillips)

std.variant (Massive overhaul that includes runtime reflection, by
Robert Jacques.)

In case you read my last review queue status post, I've taken
std.process out of the pool because it needs a runtime fix on windows
and std.parallel_algorithm because I decided to make it more
comprehensive and need time to do so.