Java > Scala

Jesse Phillips jessekphillips+D at gmail.com
Thu Dec 1 12:29:43 PST 2011

On Thu, 01 Dec 2011 19:54:48 +0100
"Marco Leise" <Marco.Leise at gmx.de> wrote:

> Ok, so this is how you can optimize the program.

Actually these suggestions weren't about optimization. Bearophile is
big on consistency and style. For example you don't use the built in
sort because it should not exist, and std.algorithm.sort returns a
SortedRange which will then be usable by other functions
(std.algorithm.find) to use a faster algorithm (bubble search).

So basically, do it the D way, then it will be easier to look at
improving performance. One statement I liked from, I believe, Andrei
was "the easy way should be the right way, and the [wrong way] should be
possible" not an exact quote and "wrong way" was actually something
else.