The current status of D?

Buk D.20.browseruk at xoxy.net
Thu Dec 1 13:24:40 PST 2011

Simple question, though not necessarily a simple answer:

Is D ready for prime time?

Sub-questions:

1. How stable is the language specification?
2. How stable is the language implementation?
3. How stable are the standard library specifications?
4. How stable are the standard library implantations?

The last time I looked was just after the D1/D2 split, and much of the design
was being revamped and the rate of changes and deprecations was (IMO) too high
to consider its use for complex, multi-developer projects.

Looking around the docs here, I see that some of the libraries are due for
deprecation early next year. Barring surprises, are they likely to be the last
major changes?

Thanks for your time, buk.