Java > Scala

Paulo Pinto pjmlp at progtools.org
Thu Dec 1 15:50:45 PST 2011

Am 01.12.2011 18:12, schrieb Andrei Alexandrescu:
> On 12/1/11 3:38 AM, Regan Heath wrote:
>> I think one reason for the movement toward Java and JVM style languages
>> is that hardware is getting cheaper and cheaper, and developers cost the
>> same or more.
>
> Well, that trend may be stalling.
>
> Andrei

I would like to as well actually.

One reason I have been paying more atention to Go and D among others, is
that even though I admire all the advantages of the current VM
environments, I also am starting to miss the times of native
compilation, being old enough to still remember Z80 assembly.

Recently I tried to call for attention to our local team that alongside
JVM and .Net projects, we could tackle some C++. I even gave WinRT,
iPhone, Facebook's PHP->C++ compiler, Qt and Android NDK as examples.

The guy's response was 'Oh I though C++ was no longer relevant', and the
matter was closed.

--
Paulo