Is D more cryptic than C++?

Abrahm abe2007 at nospam.net
Thu Dec 1 23:12:40 PST 2011

bcs wrote:
> On 11/30/2011 08:32 PM, Abrahm wrote:
>> "Jesse Phillips"<jessekphillips+d at gmail.com>  wrote in message
>> news:jb6qfv$1kut$1 at digitalmars.com...
>>> What bearophile was referring to was the use of templates is common.
>>
>> Are you sure about that? What say you Bear?
>>
>>> D's
>>> templates have the advantage of being easier on the eyes and more
>>> powerful (with the inclusion of 'static if' in the language).
>>
>> Having "come from" C++land, and knowing what some people do with it,
>> making it EASIER to apply templates does not seem necessarily a good
>> thing to me. (Ref: template metaprogramming). That said, does your
>> statement above about D's template machinery being "powerful" etc.,
>> mean "it's easier to do template metaprogramming in D"? If so, I,
>> personally, do not find that any asset at all (though I know some
>> surely will, for there have been books written on that "abhorrence").
>>

> Most of the argument for template metaprogramming being a bad thing in
> C++ are just flat not valid in D.
 Now well isn't that a fucking thing that I don't know and should.

> That is not by chance.

I seemed to have failed in plannig to live though, so your theories are
wong. And I can prove it.

> While
> designing the D template system they

"they"? I assure I am less stupid than he is.

> (including the guy who wrote)

why don't you go suck his dick?

> of these books you mention) ??

Well you have me on that one, I do read books

> took as look at what people actually want

and then give up and fold?

>  to do with all that abhorrence and provided a sane way to do it.

No. That is blank check for evil.

> With
> one 10th the complexity, D can do 10 times as much.

While D isn't, it is "bigger than that".  You don't know it it true, but
you believe me. While your instincts are good, I am not your leader. I
just come here to cry sometimes.