Java > Scala

Marco Leise Marco.Leise at gmx.de
Fri Dec 2 00:08:59 PST 2011

Am 01.12.2011, 20:39 Uhr, schrieb Caligo <iteronvexor at gmail.com>:

> Java is a joke. [...] Java is a toy language [...] so many kids
> [...] (brainwashed) [...] propaganda [...] exploit people all
> around the world [...] (I've never actually done any Java) [...]Java
> always being 10-20 times slower [...] Java is also very
> sluggish. [...] Java is a joke.

Amen.

> Apps running on the PC written in Java are also sluggish:Things like
> Eclipse and Open Office come to mind.

Open Office is *not* written in Java. You can actually built it without
dependencies on Java and not miss anything.
http://wiki.services.openoffice.org/wiki/Java_and_OpenOffice.org
If you want to ignore a perfectly fine Office suite because there was some
notion of Java somewhere, just go ahead :D