Java > Scala

Paulo Pinto pjmlp at progtools.org
Fri Dec 2 05:01:15 PST 2011

I was referring to languages that have existing native implementations and have been used in the industry to develop systems software like operating systems, compilers, drivers and so on.

Most developers tend to use C just because of it is what it is available and the skills one should have when looking for jobs.

In the early MS-DOS, Windows 3.x days I did use Turbo Pascal to develop quite a few
system level applications before switching to C and C++ for some years.