Java > Scala -> new thread: GUI for D

Nick Sabalausky a at a.a
Fri Dec 2 08:38:03 PST 2011

"Joshua Niehus" <jm.niehus at gmail.com> wrote in message
news:mailman.1243.1322814889.24802.digitalmars-d at puremagic.com...
> >On 12/1/11 2:59 AM, Walter Bright wrote:
>>> On 12/1/2011 2:42 AM, Gour wrote:
>>> I'd like to help with GUI bindings if D community would come more close
>>> together here with some people ready to lead the herd...
>>
>> Why not you lead the effort?
>
>    I just went to the Qt DevDays 2011 and it looks like a lot of work is
> being done to get QML ready for desktop applications. Its Qt's next gen UI
> framework and its JavaScript based (it looks pretty good).

Ewww, why are so many organiations trying to put JS on the desktop? There's
that, Win8, Flex, etc. It's such an abomination. Completely backwards.
What's needed is for proper desktop technologies to take over the web, not
the other way around. I can't beleve the spawn of what had long been dubbed
"Nutscrape" has become, and is still becoming, so prolific.