is d-runtime non-gc safe?

Sean Kelly sean at invisibleduck.org
Fri Dec 2 11:29:52 PST 2011

On Dec 2, 2011, at 8:57 AM, Benjamin Thaut wrote:

> I know phobos is nto usable without a gc but is druntime usable without having a GC?

You'll leak when threads terminate (they're allocated by the GC and not safe for the user to delete), but I think that's it for user-visible code.  Some array ops and AA use will leak as well, but there's no way around that.  For kicks you might want to try linking gcstub (which calls malloc/free) and see how it goes.