Java > Scala

Walter Bright newshound2 at digitalmars.com
Fri Dec 2 12:15:55 PST 2011

On 12/2/2011 11:29 AM, Gour wrote:
> Moreover, developing something from the scratch woudl require enormous
> amount of time in comparison with *just* providing higher-level D-ish
> API for some of the already available GUI toolkit.

Developing a D GUI from scratch is way beyond our reach at the moment. People
have spent enormous efforts developing GUI libraries for other platforms,
there's no good reason for not leveraging their efforts.

It's not just the code involved. It's the tutorials, web sites, manuals,
support, etc., that would have to be reinvented. By developing a D interface to
an existing one, none of that has to be developed.