The current status of D?

Mehrdad wfunction at hotmail.com
Fri Dec 2 12:50:16 PST 2011

On 12/2/2011 10:46 AM, Timon Gehr wrote:
> Oh it is certainly good to have and communicate opinions. It is just
> that they should be clearly marked as such.
I like how you're leading by example, it makes it so much easier to
learn The Right Thing (tm) from you.

> I won't even attempt to argue that his point of view is not important.
This sentence is a lie?

> It is important to make a cut between what is not supposed to work and
> what is not yet implemented properly. He said 'the _language_ suffers
> from const issues'. And 'its part-broken'. The design is fundamentally
> sound. It could maybe be extended to cover more use cases, but the
> issues with const he addresses have been resolved with inout, and it
> is likely that the implementation will soon be correct.
"The design is fundamentally sound." --> No offense, but maybe it's
_you_ who should follow your advice and actually provide some support?
At least I'm giving you examples; you're not giving me anything.
Oh, sorry, I forgot that your arguments are all objective and correct by
definition. I didn't notice that you didn't mark them as subjective.

> Also he probably is doing some considerably different stuff than, for
> example, I am, because I don't run into that kind of
> productivity-blocker issues.
And that makes my point of view unimportant. Yes, that's a completely
objective and unbiased point of view, it makes perfect sense.

Sorry for forcing you to read my unimportant feedback.