Java > Scala

Andrej Mitrovic andrej.mitrovich at gmail.com
Fri Dec 2 16:27:23 PST 2011

On 12/3/11, Adam Wilson <flyboynw at gmail.com> wrote:
> Already started to; i've been laying down the skeleton and learning D at
> the same time. I like the language. But I think I'll leave language design
> to those who understand it best and stick to what I know. I suspect that
> this is going to be a "me, myself, and I" project for some time. I'm ok
> with that. :-)

Yea, I had something in the works as well (and then a million other
side-projects beside that, just like every D programmer out there..).
The most difficult part to implement for me was the layouts. Actually
I only got that half-way done. But having a backbuffer system,
dirty-region blits, alpha blending, mouse tracking (e.g. select and
move widget), signals/slots, those things were done in a matter of
weeks (mostly because there's already usable code out there, e.g. a
newer std.signals, the new CairoD bindings for drawing, win32
bindings, etc) . It's just a fun project I like to play with once in a
while. But now that wxD is on github I'm going to use that for some of
my projects. It's all too easy getting worked up with an "engine"
instead of the actual "game", if you know what I mean ;).