Second Round CURL Wrapper Review

Vladimir Panteleev vladimir at thecybershadow.net
Fri Dec 2 23:56:19 PST 2011

On Sat, 03 Dec 2011 06:26:10 +0200, dsimcha <dsimcha at yahoo.com> wrote:

> I volunteered ages ago to manage the review for the second round of
> Jonas Drewsen's CURL wrapper.  After the first round it was decided
> that, after a large number of minor issues were fixed, a second round
> would be necessary.
>
> Significant open issues:
>
> 1.  Should libcurl be bundled with DMD on Windows?

Yes, please! Finding/building a library compatible with OPTLINK is a
needless hassle.

> Code: https://github.com/jcd/phobos/blob/curl-wrapper/etc/curl.d
> Docs: http://freeze.steamwinter.com/D/web/phobos/etc_curl.html

I think the docs for the asynchronous functions need a bit more
elaboration. For example, I had these questions after reading the
documentation:

Does the working thread block or buffer when data is available but the
main thread isn't reading it?
The examples for byLine and byLineAsync are almost identical. Is there any
difference in functionality?

Is it possible to check if data is available without blocking? If not,
what's the point of byLineAsync (why not use byLine)?

--
Best regards,
  Vladimir                            mailto:vladimir at thecybershadow.net