[std.database]

Somedude lovelydear at mailmetrash.com
Sat Dec 3 02:17:43 PST 2011

Le 03/12/2011 01:02, Hans Uhlig a écrit :

> One thing I notice is everyone seems to only be Targeting Relational
> Databases. Any plans to support Flat, Object, Key Value, Hierarchical,
> or Network Model systems? It would be nice to have at least
> specification support for systems like membase(memcache), hbase,
> vertica, csv files, and similar systems.

I don't think it's a good idea to put everything in the same bag. It
doesn't help at all and in the end, and it usually makes things more
complicated because there really is nothing in common between a flat
file and a relational database, or even a key-value store. I think it's
better to leave specific products like memcache or HBase to their own,
specific APIs, at least until there is an established standard.
It's not the role of a standard library to implement every product API
out there, especially in the NoSQL domain, where there is no established
standard at all.