Second Round CURL Wrapper Review

Vladimir Panteleev vladimir at thecybershadow.net
Sat Dec 3 04:10:31 PST 2011

On Sat, 03 Dec 2011 13:53:16 +0200, Jonas Drewsen <jdrewsen at nospam.com>
wrote:

> As mentioned the async version performs the request in another thread
> leaving the main thread available for you to do something else. I'll
> clarify in the docs that it is when you actually call empty/front on the
> returned range you will get data from the other thread and may be
> blocking.

I can't think of a realistic use case for the current asynchronous API.
Basically, all you can do is start a request in the background, but you're
neither notified of the request nor can you poll it to check its status?
So the only thing you CAN do is ask for a request that you will need in
the future, and when that future moment comes, block if necessary to get
the result?

Adding a method to query the request's status would certainly be useful.

--
Best regards,
  Vladimir                            mailto:vladimir at thecybershadow.net