Java > Scala

so so at so.so
Sat Dec 3 04:47:32 PST 2011

On Fri, 02 Dec 2011 20:02:05 +0200, Somedude <lovelydear at mailmetrash.com>
wrote:

> OTOH, string concatenation is not the most critical thing for game
> writers, is it ?
> I would see it more likely in XML parsing libraries, but D is already
> the fastest performer in this area (but maybe it could be faster without
> GC ?).

XML has almost no value whatsoever.
The reasons are tools, this includes manual memory management and GC
issues, and library "developement" issues.
There are also "must" have features provided by either language or by
compiler (then it leads to platform dependency).

I know some of you (Walter is one) don't like the idea.
All you need to do is just check "any" popular open-source HP library and
see how wrong you are.

I have absolutely no idea why people against this idea.
Maybe before "@" you were right, but now?