Java > Scala

dsimcha dsimcha at yahoo.com
Sat Dec 3 07:51:22 PST 2011

> On 12/3/11 3:02 AM, Russel Winder wrote:
>> The PyPy JIT is clearly a "big win". I am sure Armin will come up with
>> more stuff :-)
>
> Do they do anything about the GIL?
>
> Andrei

Unfortunately, no.  I checked into this at one point because I basically
use parallelism for everything in D and have an 8-core computer at work.
  Therefore, if PyPy is a factor of 5 (just making up numbers) slower
than D for equivalently written code, it's 40x slower once you consider
that parallelism is easy in D and really hard except at the coarsest
grained levels in PyPy.