is d-runtime non-gc safe?

Andrej Mitrovic andrej.mitrovich at gmail.com
Sat Dec 3 10:05:02 PST 2011

+1 on interest on having this. Back when I was attempting to port VST
to D I got asked by a Steinberg dev how I can guarantee that D plugins
will work. But I couldn't guarantee it, if a GC collection were to run
the plugin would freeze, the host would crash, and the host company
would likely get the blame. A GC-less environment would be great for
realtime plugins, I'm not sure how arrays/slices would work, but I
guess custom Array refcounted structs could be made or something.