The current status of D?

Peter PPPE at sureitsmyreal.com
Sat Dec 3 23:37:35 PST 2011

Mehrdad wrote:
> On 12/1/2011 1:24 PM, Buk wrote:
>> Is D ready for prime time?
> Idk, the fact that I run across transitive-const-related situations
> like
> stackoverflow.com/questions/7948612/annoying-transitive-const-ness-issue-in-d
> <http://stackoverflow.com/questions/7948612/annoying-transitive-const-ness-issue-in-d>
> makes it so I can't use D at all, since it's hard to go around these
> issues sometimes.
> As long as the language suffers from const issues,

It seems to be a hard problem (const). I mean, if you are in analysis
paralyis thinkin about it, yeah, but is it that hard. Do I need to hire a
consultant to figure out one little word or concept? If the whole world
of programming languages revolves around "const", why hasn't D, that
purportedly (noting the shyness of it perpatrators) has solved major
issues with "the also ran C++", figured that out? (BTW, I know the
answer, if that makes it any less blashphemous).

> I think,

I think what passes for "thinking" these days is pretty fucking piss poor
lame. But then again, I don't vote for it either.

> it won't
> be ready for prime time, since 'const' is supposed to be one of its
> highest strengths,

Seriously? If that is true, I will stop drinking.