Java > Scala

Don nospam at nospam.com
Sun Dec 4 07:00:44 PST 2011

On 03.12.2011 15:30, so wrote:
> On Fri, 02 Dec 2011 22:58:32 +0200, Paulo Pinto <pjmlp at progtools.org>
> wrote:
>
>> Ah ok, I thought you were starting a "C above all" thread. :)
>
> Well that would not be a discussion, would it?
> Anyone against it? C is above all for the things it was developed,
> simple as that.

I'm against it. C's machine model is outdated, and it has never
performed as well on floating point code as Fortran does. It gets
trounced by a language designed for 1950's computers!!!

I find it quite bizarre that both C and Fortran are used as if they were
absolute performance standards, a theoretical upper bound.