javascript (was Re: Java > Scala -> new thread: GUI for D)

Adam D. Ruppe destructionator at gmail.com
Sun Dec 4 12:40:17 PST 2011

Jacob Carlborg Wrote:
> Maybe you should take a look at SASS, it has if-statements, for-loops,

Yea, I've looked at it before (and like some of the ideas - their lighten, darken,
etc. functions are nice and I intend to implement them myself as I find the
time - see color.d in that github page.)

But it went a little too far away from the css base for me, and I wanted
something I could more easily customize and integrate with D anyway,
so I did my own.

> Rails is what I'm using for web development.

Indeed. You've linked me to some stuff before, and I like some of it,
so I'm stealing a few of their ideas :)

That message was more aimed toward Nick or any other lurker who,
like me, might find the Rails end to go a bit too far away from our comfort
zone.