Java > Scala -> new thread: GUI for D

Adrian adrian.remove-nospam at veith-system.de
Mon Dec 5 01:24:44 PST 2011

Am 05.12.2011 09:17, schrieb Jacob Carlborg:
> On 2011-12-05 08:17, Adrian wrote:
>> Yes it is - but did you ever tried haXe ? IMO it is the best cross
>> platform language around - you target JavaScript, Flash, PHP, NEKO, C++
>> and soon Java and C# with one language. Typesafe with type inference,
>> compiled and code completion support from the compiler.
>
> I have looked at haxe but to me it just basically looks like Java. I
> think CoffeeScript is better, has a less verbose syntax. Although static
> typing would be nice to have sometimes.

I wouldn't compare it to Java and I wouldn't say its verbose either, its
expressiveness is close to D . It is a full dynamic language with all
the benefit and safety of static typing through type inference. You can
use it object oriented or functional. It has a fantastic remoting
framework with type checking at compile time! cross platform - no other
language has this to offer.

CoffeeScript is just a JavaScript alternative without a real benefit.
HaXe is a complete framework.